Wednesday, April 2, 2014

In the Middle of the Storm...

My husband, Chaps, while preaching will occasionally quote an old saying, "If this don't light yer fire...yer woods wet!" lol Well, that's how I feel about this song, "I Am," by David Crowder. I was singing it at the top of my lungs and on the way home from Coco's yesterday (I was getting a strawberry cheesecake for my super sweet friends in Life Group...I may or may not have devoured two slices). Anyway, I absolutely love the lyrics to this song which you can listen to below. We have SO much good going on in our lives right now, but we also have a lot of  hard/messy/discouraging stuff happening too. When I dwell on the latter, I lose sight of all the good. I lose sight of Jesus...like Peter, the waves start to scare me and I begin to feel overwhelmed. So Seriously, if you are like me and you need a spiritual pick-me-up right now, press play, turn it up, and let the peace of God sink in! No matter how we are feeling we can dance, clap, toe-tap, jump around or whatever you do when you get excited, because in the midst of whatever is going on right now... Jesus is right there with us. I will never leave you or forsake you...such a sweet promise. I heard Craig Groeschel say, "God never promised that the storm would not rock us, but he did promise that the storm would not sink us.You are in the storm with his presence and you are in the storm for his purposes." 1Peter 5:7 says, "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." And as Peter said in 2 Peter 1:2 "May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord." Oh how Jesus loves me and you. Be loved, loved ones!!
http://youtu.be/cH_LLGiE0f0


3 comments:

  1. I am the mother of a daughter whose boyfriend is a navy chaplain. I am just wondering what it is like to be married to one? From your blog you sound pretty encouraging. Are you separated for long periods of time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really enjoy being a Chaps's spouse! It's not easy and during deployments the rose colored glasses definitely come off and there are nights and days of loneliness...but it's all what you make of it and the perspective you keep in the process. :) My husband and I both felt like our entire family was called into this ministry and even though we serve in very different ways, we try to keep in mind that we are on the same time--just different roles. :) God has blessed more than we could have dreamed

      Delete