Saturday, March 22, 2014

First Things First




I got to chat with my brother on the phone last week and he asked me if I had written anything lately. Regrettably, I had to say, "No." I'm trying to think of some clever and wise words to start off with. Maybe a story or two that would make me appear like an incredibly busy and important woman. It's actually embarrassing to admit the pride in my heart craving to be validated and approved of by whoever might stumble across this post. I know there is nothing wrong with sharing what has been going on in our lives, but my heart needs a reminder of the only One who I need to "approve of"and that is...Jesus. I heard Elyse Fitzpatrick share that God is not impressed with [my] flawless church attendance, how many miles I've run, the hours I have logged praying, the check in my box for getting involved in Life Groups, my amazing homemaking and Pinterest skills, or how many good deeds I've done this week. What God is impressed with is His Son, Jesus, and his incarnation, resurrection, and ascension into Heaven where he LIVES making intercession for me! Jesus found me while I was covered in sin and going down a dark and empty path in life. God gave me faith to believe in His love and forgiveness waiting for me even though I didn't deserve it and could never repay Him. This crazy, foreign, supernatural, and one-way kind of love brought such freedom to my soul. "The burdens of my heart rolled away." Jesus came like a knight in shining amour to rescue his Bride [the Church] from slavery to sin. Ephesians 2:8-10 says, "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

Since surrendering my plans and will to God, he has been revealing the much greater plan he has already mapped out for me before the world began. The favor he has shown me is actually unbelievable! I have a precious family that I had the privilege to be born into and they have been used to help make me who I am today. The stellar stud that God has given to me as my life-partner is just ridiculously awesome. Seriously, I don't deserve him. He loves, leads, and serves our family selflessly. I don't tell you enough, babe, but after seven years...you still rock my socks! Lol When I was single, I used to think that I was probably going to have to marry a guy who really loved God but maybe wasn't that cute. :) Then God blessed me with a man who made my heart skip beats AND we get to be apart of furthering the kingdom of God together! Whaaaat??!! So stinkin blessed. I didn't know if we were going to be able to have children after our first 2 babies went to heaven before we could meet them. But God has since then blessed us with 2 more children that we get to nurture and share with them the grace we have been given.

If you have never experienced this kind of peace that lingers long after the high or joy that is deep rooted even while sober...please talk to me, I would love to introduce you to the One who is Love and the Prince of Peace.❤

I'll share in my next post some of my updates that are currently sitting in my "Draft" file. But I was just overwhelmed with the desire to talk about Jesus first and wanted to lift him up!

I love this video: http://youtu.be/yzqTFNfeDnE

If you haven't seen it, it is a must!

Love you all!
JG




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog. Its a great blessing to know how your life has progressed and that you and your husband are building a family to glorify God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good, Michael! I just wanted to have a place to share what He's been up to in our lives. :) Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete