Friday, August 6, 2010

Our Tiny Little Secret

BABY GRIFFIN @ 11 weeks!!


For those of you who have read my blog posts or know Stephen and I personally, you know that over the past 2 years we've experienced the joy of being pregnant twice and heart break of miscarrying twice also. In February of this year, while Stephen was in Chaplain School we buried our second little one at a cemetery in Columbia, SC. It's been a painful growing experience but we can't wait to meet our little ones in Heaven one day!


Well... exactly 3 months later, we found out that I was pregnant again! :) I took a test the morning that Stephen was supposed to deploy and it came back super positive. Needless to say, we were SO excited and thankful to find out together. It is such a wonderful gift! One month ago I got to hear our baby's heart beat for the first time and see it squirming around. I got a huge lump in my throat and couldn't hold back the tears as it was so incredibly overwhelming to finally see a healthy baby! I felt...feel so blessed. Stephen was thankfully at a port in the Middle East and was able to call me after that appointment to hear the long awaited news. We cried together over the phone (well, I'm sure his eyes were just sweating) and even though we were thousands of miles apart it was a moment shared that I'll never forget!


Today, I had my second appointment and I'm now 16 weeks prego. :) Still full of nerves, I waited in the room for the midwife to come in. I answered the questions that were being asked but all I could focus on was being able to hear our baby again. Finally, she lathered my tummy up with the goo and...(sigh)....at last I heard those precious, little, speedy thumps of the heart beat again! I cried (again) and laughed at the same time. :) Maybe my hormones are a little crazy these days? I can't feel the movement yet but from all the noises we were hearing the midwife said the baby is quite a mover!


Even though I've been pregnant before, this has been my first time experiencing lots of nausea with vomiting. I know that's gross but the Dr's reassure that it means everything is going well. So, I just praise the Lord every time I'm hovering over the toilet, sink, or whatever is close by. ha! Just kidding. Although, it has encouraged me on more than one occasion. :) Besides feeling fatigued, I noticed that my usual carnivorous self suddenly could not stand the smell or sight of any kind of meat. Thankfully that is starting wear off some! During my first trimester, I bought a Prenatal Yoga DVD to make sure I continued working out. :) Well, that did not last long as there were many days I was so tired that I barely had enough energy to walk my dog! But at the end of the day, all of these "little" discomforts are worth every moment. I'm enjoying my journey so far and for as long as God allows.


Stephen and I definitely appreciate your prayers as we have 3 months left before he comes home, 6 months until the baby comes, and the steps ahead are very new to us! Thank you!


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Heb 11:1



6 comments:

  1. Julie,

    Thank you for sharing such intimate details of your journey with Stephen. This little one (as were the two before) is a blessing from above, I am so happy for you both and have been/will continue to pray for your and the babies health! Can't wait to meet this little peanut!

    Hang in there with the sickness, I was super sick too and as bad as I felt, I knew it was a sign of a healthy little baby girl:)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do appreciate your prayers and encouragement! :) Thank you, it means so much. I can't wait to meet the little peanut too! You'll have to give me mommy tips when the time comes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW! Congratulations you two!! How very exciting! Yes, being sick and hormonal and tired are all good things. ;) Just keep telling yourself that. lol Hopefully it will be over soon. We'll be praying for your new journey into parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaw, Julie! Big hugs. I can't imagine the loss you have felt, but oh how much joy that will be when you hold your precious baby for the first time. I am SO happy for you. Gives me goosebumps. Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. It's an indescribable awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you guys! What a huge blessing. Thank you Jesus! I am sitting in Tegan's dentist office right now tearing up while everyone is looking at me :) love you both and can't wait to meet him or her...are you going to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, Misty, and Christina~ Thank you for your uplifting words and for sharing in this special time! :)We definitley appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete