Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"At Last My Love Has Come Along"


Congratulations Lieutenant JG Griffin!!

I played the song, At Last, by Etta James in my car on my way to pick up Stephen from the airport. :) I was SO nervous and excited! Because of the snow storms, all the flights were being cancelled so I watched the arrival screen carefully to make sure his flight was still on time. Twenty mins of waiting felt like two hours! Then...I saw him from far away! At least I thought that was him....was it? I was hiding behind a tree in the airport until he got closer and then I knew for sure! I popped out in front of him and our first hug was (sigh) incredible. Stephen was much more toned and buff than I remembered and the butterflies in my stomach were fluttering everywhere. It was like we were the only people in the airport! I never wanted to let go of him again.


The Navy Officer Chaplain School is actually on an Army base here in SC. Because of renovations that the base is doing to the living quarters, the Chaplains that were in Stephen's graduating class at ODS are staying at a near by hotel. So this hotel room has been home for the past week and a half. :) I'm thoroughly enjoying the time I get to spend with Stephen right now. Surprisingly, I stay pretty busy throughout the day taking care of things that need to be done before we move to Norfolk at the end of March. It's a fun adventure for us right now and I'm thankful for this experience. I'm so proud of Stephen and all his hard work! He is such a special man with a heart full of intense love for the men and women that serve our country. I'm blessed to be his wife!


No comments:

Post a Comment