Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reflection

This is the view from our resort room on the beach here in New Smyrna, Fl. It has been absolutely amazing being able to wake up and go to sleep to this sight for the past few days! We feel blessed to have the opportunity to spend this time together before (Lord willing) Stephen goes into the Chaplaincy in Jan. We were just sharing with each other last night that moments like we've been able to experience with each other this week are the ones that will be hardest to go without while in the Military. Needless to say, we are soaking it all up now!
We leave here early Saturday morning and will pick up our puppy from the VIP Pet Resort. :) Then we'll begin to make our way to my sister and brother-in-law's house in North Carolina for the evening. Next stop will be Richmond, VA to spend time with Stephen's sister and brother-in-law and then we will finally head "home" to Maryland. Thank you all for your continued prayer for us! We ran into some complications with getting our dog's immunization shots so he could stay at his puppy resort. We thought he had all of his shots current but evidently one of them expired a couple months ago. So we had to locate a PetSmart, wait to get the shot, only to find out that ALL of the pet hotels had closed for the night by the time we were finished! SO after lots of frustration and getting worked up about "my" plans not falling completely into place...I was reminded quickly that GOD is the one that is in control and nothing comes as a surprise to Him. :) Everything worked out perfectly in the end, I just thought it was crazy how quickly I took my eyes off of God and focused in on what was "rocking my boat". Stephen and I can look back and laugh at ourselves now but I don't think I'll forget the lesson.
We were sitting on the beach and we saw lots of these little birds trying to find food in the sand. They were so cute so I had to take a picture of one. It reminds me of Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Just thought I'd share. :)
Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment