Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stephen's Ordination~The Journey Continues



Sunday, September 13th, was a very special moment for Stephen and I. As you can see above, Stephen was officially ordained as a pastor. Some of our pastors and deacons prayed over Stephen as they sent him out to become a Chaplain...a missionary to the Military. I snapped this picture really quick and was SO thankful that I decided to do so....I think it is priceless. I couldn't have been more proud of my husband for constantly following God's direction as the leader of our family. I have an incredible amount of respect for Stephen. He is a harder worker, diligent, has integrity, compassion, graciousness, patience, zeal, masculinity, and truly is the most balanced man I've ever met. :) If you haven't noticed I could go on and on about him! God continues to show me how blessed I am through Stephen. I am so honored to serve along side this man!
We have been watching God work on our behalf and are eager to see what's next! We will begin packing and moving all our "household goods" into a POD. Our official last day in San Diego, Ca will be October 5th. We will then begin our trek across America and will park in Maryland for a little while before Stephen goes to boot camp in Jan (Lord willing). There are many little boxes that need to be "checked" on our list of To Do's but I know that we only are promised one day at a time. I'm trying to remember this!
Today was my last day at work. It was hard as I randomly would tear up in my little cubical thinking about the great friends and women that I've been able to know over the past few years! I have so many fabulous memories there and will miss these ladies tremendously. If any of you are reading my blog... I LOVE YOU AND ALREADY MISS YOU!! :) You all will be in my prayers!
Much Love,
Julie "G"

3 comments:

  1. Awwww... that is really exciting! I will be looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear the Lord is "moving" you all! Just saw that we have something else in common.. a dog named Maximus!

    ReplyDelete