Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boxes, Empty Rooms, and Paper Plates

It's been one week since we started "Operation: Move" and it has been going very well! Thank you for your prayers. We still have several more boxes from our list that need to be checked-off and with 6 days left...I know everything will continue to fall into place. Friends came over last night to help me pack, tape, and bubble wrap all of my "breakables". The rooms are beginning to look empty and I can almost get an echo out of them (that was my favorite part about moving when I was little). :) Our garage sale on Saturday was amazing! We tore apart our house and put out everything that we no longer needed and by 5:00pm almost EVERYTHING was gone! We only ended up throwing away a few items. That was a huge blessing!

Along with moving, our days and evenings have been full of meeting with friends and family for final farewells. Our friends put together a small good bye party for us on Sunday. Everyone signed a book with memories or thoughts they had for Stephen and I! We both wanted to cry when we got to read through them. I feel SO blessed to have genuine, life-long friends. I know the big "Good Bye" is coming up soon...but I'd like to save all those tears until the veeeerrryy last min. I'll probably cry my eyes out for the first 500 miles of our journey!

Tomorrow is our last night with the young adult ministry where Stephen has been serving as one of the pastors for several years. He is going to preach his last message and we will have our final farewell with all of the amazing people whose lives we've been able to be apart of. This is going to be extremely tough! We both have come to love these people like they are part of our own family. An authentic, genuine, and real Christian community has been shared and cultivated in this ministry and we are going to miss this immensely! With sadness, we also have great joy for the future of this group...we know God's going to continue to bless it.

Well, I'm going to get back to routing our map across the country, boxing up our house, and trying to decided what clothes go in suitcases, boxes, or bags! :)

I read this passage this morning and it was very encouraging to me. Just a reminder that all of this "daily grind" kind of work is for a purpose! We have a mission and it's already begun:

"So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives. Don't lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel like doing. You didn't know any better then; you do now. As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God's life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, "I am holy; you be holy." 1 Peter 1:13-16 Message


"Father, please help us to keep our hearts and minds focus on you. I'm tempted to become fearful and scared of all the unknowns that are up ahead. We desperately need you! Thank you for your grace and for being our "very present help" I love you!-Julie"

No comments:

Post a Comment