Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Moses and His Walkie-Talkie


On Sunday, Stephen and I got to go sailing with our friends, David and Kayla. It was perfect and beautiful Southern California day...not too hot...not too cold. There is something very relaxing about drifting in a boat. My husband's dream is to someday get a sail boat and sail around the world. I'm not sure if my up for that, but I definitely would not mind another day like the one we had.


On another note, I had a pretty good day at work today! I especially enjoyed this cute article that I found in one of the publications that our organization sends out each month. The title was:
Moses and His Walkie-Talkie
Nine year old Kyle was asked by his mother what he had learned at Sunday school.

"Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. When he got to the Red Sea, he and his engineers build a pontoon bridge and the people walked across safely. Then he used his walkie-talkie to radio headquarters for reinforcements. They sent bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved."

"Now, Kyle, is that really what your teacher taught you?" his mother asked.

"Well, no. But if I told it the way the teacher did, you'd never believe it!"

I thought that story was so cute! I used to love being a nanny to just listen to the things little kids would come up with.
I'm tempted to just end this blog post now, but I have a prayer request that is on my mind. I guess it wouldn't hurt to write it out. Well, Stephen submitted his mission board application today! This is a pretty huge leap of faith for us. We're both very excited about it and are eager to see what God will do next. Please pray that we put our trust firmly in the Lord and not give in to the whims and worries of our individual "what ifs?" I believe God specifically pointed out this verse for me today. It's from the paraphrase, The Message, in Matthew 6:30:
If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
Thank you!












No comments:

Post a Comment