Monday, May 4, 2009

This past week was filled with a lot of school work and preparation for Stephen's graduation. Friday, May 1st, Stephen graduated from Southern California Seminary with his Masters of Divinity! He has been working so hard by going to school full time, ministering full time, and also discipling and loving on the young people at our church. He has such an incredible passion for people and helping them further understand the Word through teaching. That's one of the many reasons why I love him. I'm so thankful that I have a husband who I can go to if I have a theological question about the Bible that I'd like some more enlightenment on. It was such a privilege for me to watch him walk across the stage and receive not just one but 2 degrees! I posted some pictures of the graduation below. The picture above is of our weekend getaway to Oceanside Resort. Stephen's mom and dad gave this as a graduation gift to us. We just got back home and had an AMAZING time rejuvenating and relaxing together. I couldn't have imagined everything going more perfectly! :) We were both SO grateful for the trip and really really needed it.

On another note, while laying out by the pool today, I was reading a book that my husband bought called, Wide Awake. The chapter I was reading was titled, Discovery, and it discussed how many of us when we were children were so much more adventurous, curious, and excited to experience the new and unknown things around us. Then as we got older, we started to believe that old saying, "curiosity killed the cat". Maybe at one time we came a little too close to death or danger and decided that we just wanted to survive through life. We stopped dreaming and discovering and started learning how to get by mundanely through life. We stopped asking our curious questions about the world and became satisfied not knowing. ...I was really convicted while I read this because I would definitely label myself as a fearful person. I remember being so alive, dangerous, wild, and adventurous as a little girl. But along the way, something happened, fear crept into my heart and "self preservation" became my goal in life. I'm not saying that safety isn't important and that we all should go sky diving together. :) Although, that may not be a bad idea. I am just imagining how much more effective I could be for The Kingdom without the limitations that I put up for myself? What do you think about the idea of letting go, falling backwards, and having peace that God is right there catch us and take us on the adventures that are awaiting? Do you really think something fantastic is in store? I hope so! I'm reminded of this verse and pray that I would really mean it when I say it:
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." -Gal 2:20

















No comments:

Post a Comment