Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hosanna in the Highest!

Good Morning!
Last night I got to spend a spontaneous 6 hours with my mom while we drove to pick up my sister, Serena, and my niece, Paisley, from the LAX airport. We had some good discussions and I was thankful for that time we got to spend together. It was nice seeing my sister after a month of her being away in Scotland and my niece is just the most adorable ball of chub! She's almost 4 months (I think) and was 21 pounds! She has a smile as big as Texas! I love that little princess.

I miss Stephen has he is on a camping trip with the young adult group where he serves as a pastor. I didn't go because...well...I just don't do very well camping in a tent! I'm not kidding...I've had some pretty crazy experiences. While camping with my mom and sisters in Yosemite with my pastor's wives at the time, Patti and Mary, and their daughters (no men!), we had a bear family come invade our camping lot in the middle of the night! We brought WAY to much food and didn't have enough room in the "bear boxes" for all of it. So I got to witness, while shaking uncontrollably in my tent, the raw strength, height, and power of several bears. One bear sniffed my tent, walked away (my friend, Heather Fisher, brought snacks into our tent!), found Mary's car, smashed the back door, ripped open the back seat, got food out of the trunk, and sat on top of the car eating his treasures! AHHH! I'm NOT exaggerating! So ya, that pretty much scared me for life. Another time I went tent camping with Stephen and our new puppy, we were in a very secluded area in the middle of the night (of course) two large mountain lions came and growled outside our tent for 3 hours!!! Once again, I was shaking in my pants! Stephen even got ready to cut out their eyes with his machete if they tried to come in. The lions were so close that we could literally hear them breathing! SO folks, this is why I don't go tent camping in the wild anymore. However, I do enjoy the beauty of God's creation, the smell of pine trees, the fresh mountain air, camp fires, looking at the stars, making a cup of coffee or coco first thing in the morning, the peacefulness and closeness that I feel with God and those around me as I am no longer bombarded with distractions.

I'd like to pray for the group up there right now. God, please keep them safe up in the mountains for the next few days. Help them to draw closer to you and build fabulous friendships. Let them come back encouraged and rejuvenated. Give Stephen and I peace and strength as this is the longest we will have ever been away from each other! Help us to enjoy You this weekend and take every opportunity to listen to Your Spirit and love on You. Thank You for my dear friends, Amanda, Mallory, and Carlee, and the good time singing we had in the wee hours of the night! I love worshipping You with them. We love and adore You Jesus!

Here's one of my favorite songs we sang last night:
I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I walk from earth to Eternity

Hosanna in the highest

No comments:

Post a Comment