Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Beaus, Bikes, BBQ, & Breakfast

I was just procrastinating about starting my homework for tonight by day dreaming about the past few days I've had. :) I decided to share them.


BIKES
It all started when Stephen had the brilliant idea of purchasing two beach cruisers! I've always wanted a bike and this would be a fun way to spend some active time with each other. Stephen researched the where the best deal was and we headed to PB to get a pink bike for me (yay!) and a black one for Stephen. We went straight to Seaport Village and road our new bikes up to the Star of India, past Harbor Island, and then back again. It was SO much fun! Here are some pics of that:


BBQ
Our Small Group (Bible Study) meets every Friday night at our house and we had previously planned to have a BBQ with them to close out our spring small group. We had a good time laughing, teasing, and just being together. Everybody brought some goods to eat and Stephen and Pete (one of the guys in our group) built an illegal fire pit in our backyard. :) lol! I have grown to love everyone in our group and really feel that they are like family. We get to be open and vulnerable with each other and just be there for one another through whatever comes up in our lives. They're awesome! Here are just a few in our Small Group...introducing....drum roll....Jen, Jenna, Pete, Toby, and Ethan:


BEAUS
Sunday afternoon I got to have some "bonding time" with my old pal and her new beau! Stephen and I met with Sara and Jake at Casa de Pico. It was super hot and the service was not great, but despite all that...we had a good time meeting Jake and catching up with Sara. I love the good laughs we shared and can't wait to hang out with them again. I wish the best for them and they are in my prayers:


BREAKFAST
Stephen took me to a place in La Jolla called, Brockton Villa (I think). The view over looked La Jolla Coves and the ocean air smelled fantastic. He suggested that I get their Coast Toast (french toast). It was FABULOUS! I have never had anything like it. It's so popular that they have the recipe on their website...I am SO going to try to make it one of these days. I enjoyed spending sweet quality time with Stephen. I am trying to intentionally soak in every moment that I have with him. He's my best friend and I'm so thankful for the love that God has graciously given to us. Here's some pics of us while we were there:







*Sigh* Thanks for going down memory lane with me! I guess I should get back (er...start) my homework now. Next week is finals! Please pray that I pass these classes! God Bless~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment