Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness

Wow! I can't believe March is already coming to a close! It's been a pretty eventful month...so eventful that I can't really remember what happened. :) No, I have been extremely busy with school, work, and balancing time with Stephen. We both caught a bug last week so it was a bit of a blur to me. I took a couple days off work as I had a nasty migraine and sore throat. I'm feeling a little bit better now so that is a blessing.

Stephen and I were looking forward to March 16th as that was when Stephen was going to reveal my "birthday surprise!" My Birthday was March 14th and that would now make me 22 years old...still just a baby. My employer gives everyone the day off for their birthday so I took the 16th and Stephen planned a fabulous excursion!

I have never been on a train before so Stephen scheduled for us to take the Coastal up to San Juan Capistrano! It was absolutely beautiful. I LOVE just going for a drive to the mountains or the coast. The train trip was awesome because we got to see the sights up through Del Mar, Oceanside, and up to San Juan Cap. We read together and had a great time just "being" with one another. Both of us had been very busy so this time to get away was welcomed with open arms! When we got to the town, we stopped to get drugged by Starbucks :) and then explored the San Juan Capistrano Mission. This was such a find and a jewel of California for sure! Stephen narrated to me what the recorded tour was telling us as we reached each new destination around the Mission. I took a ton of pictures that could barely capture the raw authenticity of the remains of the Mission and garden around it. SO beautiful! I had no idea this Mission even existed and now am set on seeing more of the old Missions around California.

So after we toured the Mission, we ate at the cutest little place called, The Sun-Dried Tomato. The food was fabulous as I had Bacon-Scallops, Brie-Pesto Chicken Sandwich, with a great gourmet salad. My favorite part about the restaurant was the pictures displayed of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Bing Crosby, and other old actors. Stephen scored big time by mapping out this lunch destination for us! We walked around the old city and found a park to just relax at. I totally fell asleep on Stephen and enjoyed being able to rest and soak up the sun. We had such a neat time exploring this new place together and enjoying each other's company alone.

If this was not enough (I'm going to brag about my husband some more!) Stephen also took me to get an hour massage, shopping spree, and got me an ipod nano. It was ridiculous how much he spoiled me! I definitely felt loved and appreciated by him all week. My love language is not gifts but I certainly welcome them! I prefer to just spend quality time with those I love. These times mean the most to me and I do savor them!

I also got to go to one of my favorite Mexican joints in Old Town called, Fred's. It is the best place to get some good (huge!) Mexican food. My friend, Amanda, Mom, Stephen, and Sister helped me celebrate my actual b-day there. If you ever go...definitely try the Margaritas, Rolled Tacos, California Burrito, or Surf and Turf Burrito! You will not be disappointed. :)

Hmmm...it's getting pretty late so I'll have to go to bed now. I do have a bit more to update this blog with so it will be coming shortly!

These verses come to mind give me encouragement for the beginning of this new week:

Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

1 comment:

  1. mmmm mexican food!

    Hey check this out!
    Charismatic Singer, Songwriter And
    Veteran Actor Set To Perform At
    L.A. Hotspot The Mint On Sunday, March 29th


    http://www.myspace.com/nickloren

    ReplyDelete